The course is 5000m (5k) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is at East Boulder Community Center, South Boulder Creek Trail, 5660 Sioux Dr, Boulder. The course is run on a mixture of paved paths and trail paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
South Boulder Creek parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the event as safe as possible, so participants, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces – whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection spread to humans by infected ticks. Consider protecting yourself by wearing repellent when at parkrun events in grassy or wooded areas. See lymediseaseuk.com for further details.
- You are welcome to take part with one dog by your side, within reach at all times, on a short, handheld, non-extendable lead. Please also see this Support Site entry for further details about parkrunning with dogs.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take care of others around you and do your best to start at an appropriate place in the field for your pace.
We hope these tips help to ensure that South Boulder Creek parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionThe course is flat and run on a mixture of paved and unpaved trails. The start/finish is located just before the creek bridge a minute walk east from the Community Center parking lot. The course starts northward, with a single counter clockwise lap on the paved South Boulder Creek Trail and unpaved Bobolink Trail. This is followed by an out and back loop southward along the unpaved South Boulder Creek trail, through the tunnel under South Boulder Road, and and turning around shortly before the creek bridge.
Portajohns are available near the parking lot on the West side of the tennis courts, restrooms are available in the lobby inside the East Boulder Community Center.
Location of startThe event starts just before the creek bridge a minute walk east from the Community Center parking lot.
Getting there by public transportRoute 225 runs from Downtown Boulder Station and stops at the East Boulder Community Center on Saturdays.
Getting there on footThe park is easily accessible on foot or by bike via South Boulder Creek Trail from Baseline road or South Boulder Road. There is bike parking at the East Boulder Community Center.
Getting there by roadFrom the Denver Boulder Turnpike (US 36), exit signposted to eastbound South Boulder Road and turn left onto 55th street. Alternatively, from eastbound Baseline Road turn right onto 55th Street.
Please park in the East Boulder Community Center parking lot.