The course is 5000m (5k) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is at Rock Creek Trail, Bethany. The course is run entirely on tarmac paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
Rock Creek Trail parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the event as safe as possible, so participants, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the event by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks – some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the event, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- Take care on uneven surfaces – whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other participants, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us.
- If you see someone with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of participants on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection spread to humans by infected ticks. Consider protecting yourself by wearing repellent when at parkrun events in grassy or wooded areas. See lymediseaseuk.com for further details.
- You are welcome to take part with one dog by your side, within reach at all times, on a short, handheld, non-extendable lead. Please also see this Support Site entry for further details about parkrunning with dogs.
- parkrunners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take care of others around you and do your best to start at an appropriate place in the field for your pace.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Rock Creek Trail parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionAn out and back course on a paved trail which crosses one small wooden bridge. The course follows the Rock Creek Trail from NW West Union Road as far as NW Kaiser Road and then back.
Toilets and water fountain are located on the trail near the children’s play area.
Location of startThe event starts at Rock Creek Trail.
Getting there by public transportTake MAX Blue line to Hillsboro, get off at Willow Creek/SW 185th Av TC MAX station. Then board number 52 bus to PCC Rock Creek. Get off bus at 185th and West Union and walk east on NW West Union Road to trail head near NW Kahneeta Drive.
Getting there on footN/A
Getting there by roadFrom US Hwy 26 take exit 64 to 185th Avenue. Head north east along 185th to NW West Union Rd. Turn right on NW West Union Rd and park at Alberstons supermarket. The parkrun start point is a short walk east along West Union Road opposite NW Kahneeta Drive.
For GPS use the address of the nearby Albertsons store 18425 NW West Union Road, Portland OR 97229.
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post-parkrun coffee: McBee's Cafe, 18365 NW West Union Road, Suite D, Beaverton, OR 97229. Please come and join us!