The One With All The 19s
by Kerstin Pepper: Run Director
We celebrated our 19th Perrigo parkrun, on the 19th of the month, in the year 2019. What are the chances? I wish we could say that we also welcomed 19 parkrunners, but sadly the wet and windy weather kept a lot of our regulars away, so we were just 2 shy of that number.
However, 17 of you still dragged yourselves out of bed to brave the elements - well done all of you, huge back pats all round! We celebrated 3 PRs, 2 first timers and gave thanks to 10 marvelous volunteers. Thanks as always for showing up, and helping to keep Perrigo parkrun going. parkrun Saturdays make our hearts sing - we're so proud of each and every one of you.
Some stats from the weekend:
- Perrigo needs another 81 runners or walkers to reach 1,000 total finishers. Wouldn't it be amazing to accomplish this on our 20th parkrun? Please do spread the word, invite everyone you know to join us. The weather is looking beautiful this weekend!
- Perrigo needs another 13 volunteers to reach 200 volunteer occasions. We should easily reach that number by week 21!
- Dean Faber volunteered for the 10th time at Perrigo (26 in the USA).
- Stefano Gallotti ran for the 10th time at Perrigo (26 in the USA; 197 worldwide).
- Kelly Lyon-King finished in 10th position on her 10th run at Perrigo.
- Kelly Lyon-King ran for the 10th time worldwide (all at Perrigo).
And finally, Siri Bliesner was the third woman across the line on her 3rd parkrun, and with a PB to boot. Congratulations on finishing with a new record of 38:53, Siri (and Yoda)!
As ever, thanks so much to our volunteers, who are the only reason that we can keep parkrun going every week. We appreciate each and every one of you, more than you could know.
Kerstin Pepper (Run Director) was delighted to be supported by Amanda Nathan (Time Keeper), Melani McGrath (Time Keeper), Dean Faber (Barcode Scanner), Lei Paredes (Finish Tokens), Niamh Carrig (Marshal), Luisa Sciullo (Tail Walker), Lee Nathan (Post Event Clear Up) and Claudia Carreno (Photographer).
As mentioned above, we are only 81 parkrunners shy of seeing our 1,000th finisher cross the line at Perrigo parkrun. Just because we love round numbers, it would be amazing if we could hit that number on our 20th parkrun (i.e. this coming Saturday). Please do spread the word, invite your friends and family along to try us out, and share and share and share again on social media. Contact Kerstin Pepper on Facebook or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like some flyers to hand out - we just ordered another several hundred, so there are plenty to go around!
Thank you so much for your continued support. We can't wait to see Perrigo parkrun go from strength to strength - it's been so wonderful getting to know all of you over the last few months!