The course is 5000m (5k) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is at Bitsy Grant Tennis Center, Atlanta. The course is run entirely on tarmac paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
Northside Beltline parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the event as safe as possible, so participants, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- Take care on uneven surfaces – whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other participants, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us.
- If you see someone with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of participants on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection spread to humans by infected ticks. Consider protecting yourself by wearing repellent when at parkrun events in grassy or wooded areas. See lymediseaseuk.com for further details.
- You are welcome to take part with one dog by your side, within reach at all times, on a short, handheld, non-extendable lead. Please also see this Support Site entry for further details about parkrunning with dogs.
- parkrunners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take care of others around you and do your best to start at an appropriate place in the field for your pace.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Northside Beltline parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionThis is an out and back course on a new paved surface along the Beltline Trail. It starts at the Bitsy Grant Tennis Center and runs for a short part along on the NW Beltline Connector Trail then heads along the Northside Beltline Trail for the majority of the route. Participants will enjoy being surrounded by trees for first portion and then alongside golf course for second portion.
The Bitsy Grant Tennis Center has a small café and restroom facilities which we are permitted to use.
Location of startThe event starts next to the Bitsy Grant Tennis Center.
Getting there by public transport
Bus: Take the number 12 Marta bus [Howell Mill - Cumberland] from Midtown Station to the corner of Howell Mill and Collier Rd. Walk on Howell Mill and take a right on Northfleet Rd, cross over Northside Drive to arrive at Bitsy Grant Tennis Center.
Getting there on footFrom the corner of Howell Mill and Collier Rd, walk on Howell Mill and take a right on Northfleet Rd, cross over Northside Drive to arrive at Bitsy Grant Tennis center.
Getting there by road
- Heading north on Northside Drive, turn right into the Bitsy Grant Tennis Center after Overbrook Drive.
- Heading south on Northside Drive, turn left into the Bitsy Grant Tennis Center after the Bobby Jones golf course.