UPDATE: 8pm, Friday December 16th.
We're sorry to have to cancel this week's parkrun! The greatest risk of ice is exactly when you would be traveling to parkrun. We happily run in snow, cold, or rain, but ice is more dangerous. We're looking forward to seeing you next week (12/24) for a free, friendly start to the holiday weekend. The weather for next week is looking excellent.
We just love running on a carpet of snow, especially on our beautiful trails. We're looking forward to doing this with you some time. But we also care about your safety, and the safety of our volunteers. So here's our plan for wintry weather.
The default is: College Park parkrun is going ahead, unless you hear otherwise. We will announce no later than 6am on Saturday morning, via this website, Facebook, and Twitter. So check online before heading out. We'll announce the cancellation earlier if it's clear that we can't go ahead.
For Saturday December 17th the decision will turn on whether we have snow (lovely!) or ice (stay inside!). This will depend on early morning temperature changes. Our volunteer team will be ready with smiles (and warm coats), so we're keeping our fingers crossed.