It's hard to believe that there's only one Saturday left in July!
This week we had 31 finish parkun #31 by running, walking and jogging on a blissfully cool and cloudy summer morning. Thank you to all of you for choosing Byxbee parkrun for your start to the weekend!
As always, we are in need of volunteers for the next few weeks. You may sign up a few weeks in advance if you like to be organized! The next three parkruns are on July 31st, August 7th and August 14th. We would love to see some new faces volunteering - you'll experience parkrun in a completely new way, learn new skills and definitely make some new friends!
You are welcome to nominate a role you'd like to do, or we can assign something to you.
Summer Running in the Palo Alto Baylands Nature Preserve
We are so lucky at Byxbee parkrun to be able to enjoy beautiful weather most of the year. If you're planning a visit to Byxbee parkrun in the next few months, here are some tips to help you prepare:
- Apply sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Bring a hat and sunglasses for the glare.
- Hydrate well before running and bring a water bottle with you - there is a refill station at the amenities block.
- Check the Facebook, Twitter or Instagram (and this page) for updates. We will only cancel a parkrun in the event that the weather conditions pose a threat to our participants and volunteers. In particular, we will consider cancellation in the event of fire threats, extreme heat and associated poor air quality.
- Take it easy on hot days. There's always another chance next week to seek that Personal Best.
A Reminder about the Child Safeguarding Policy
We welcome parkrunners of all ages and abilities - including families with children. We love seeing kids cross the finish line or help to scan barcodes at the finish line. However, it's important to note the Child Safeguarding Policy that applies to every parkrun event. You'll hear this policy mentioned at every parkrun pre-run briefing:
- Children under 11 must be within reach of their guardian at all times during parkrun.
- Children are not permitted to ride a bike or scooter during parkrun and must be on foot or in a stroller.
- Children 4 and up who are participating in parkrun as finishers or volunteers need their own barcode to record their participation in the event.
Please bring your kids to parkrun, but make sure they're with someone the whole time.
If you'd like to review this policy in more detail - you can can find it here.
See you on Saturday!