Start 2018 off on the right foot with College Park parkrun. January 1st 2018 is going to be special for us in many ways.
- College Park Resolution parkrun starts at 10:30am. The one time in the year when parkrun happens at a time other than 9am Saturday.
- The Resolution parkrun is a partnership with our friends at Prince George's Running Club. We teamed up in 2017, and are excited to do the same again in 2018.
- For the first time in North America, it is possible to do 2 parkruns in one day. Leakin Park parkrun in Baltimore will start at 8:30am on 1/1/18. So you can do a warm up at Leakin Park, then zip down to College Park for another. Help us set a new attendance record at Leakin Park.
- Following College Park parkrun there will be a get together for all area parkrunners at The Board and Brew.
- ... we may have extra cake, as 1/1/18 is when co-event director Colin Phillips will be turning 50 years old.
- Oh, and you can get a third parkrun in that weekend, too, by running at any of the area events on Saturday 12/30. Consider visiting Fletcher's Cove parkrun, Roosevelt Island parkrun, or the new Anacostia parkrun.
Include parkrun in your New Years plans.